12 August 2009

My Favorite Apple



An improvement over the original Yankee Stadium? I'm not so sure. Very modern, yes. But it's not YANKEE stadium anymore. They should call it SELLOUT stadium. Ruth, Gehrig, DiMaggio, Mantle, and Maris never played inside this park. It lacks character. But I guess that's a challenge most new ballparks face in their inaugural year.



Waking up to, "Hey! Would you be interested in going to the 1 o'clock Yankees game this afternoon?", is not a bad way to start a day. A very satisfied group after a 6 ticket hook-up to some great seats at the new Yankee Stadium. Thanks Thom & Karene.



A view from our seats alongside the right field foul line.



The captain at the plate.



Father and son playing a game of wiffle ball in China Town



I see this sign everytime I'm in New York, but I still haven't found the bairro.



On top of the Rock. [Empire State Building in the background]



My buddy Rich is a master at shooting candid, slightly eccentric photos on the metro.



Rollin' deep in Little Italy



My favorite green spot. [A view of Central Park from the top of The Rock]



King Kong



I think something just went down here.



The Carnegie Reuben in its final moments...



The Manhattan Temple tucked away in the busy intersection of Columbus Circle

No comments:

Post a Comment