
Junior will stay in Seattle for one last season. Veteran's day couldn't have started in a more suitable way. Asides from watching Ken Burn's Baseball documentary to properly pay respects to the baseball crazed veterans who have fought for our country of course.
Ken Griffey Jr., who played his first 11 seasons with the Seattle Mariners, will play his 13th and final season with the ball club in 2010. If he retires after next season, he will have played 22 years in total; including 9 with the Cincinnati Reds/Chicago White Sox. He has announced that he will return for the 2010 baseball season in hopes of taking the ball club to the World Series. That may seem like a lofty goal for the Mariners who went 85-77 on the year, finishing 12 games behind the first place Angels; but, dugout morale has changed dramatically since Griffey's celebrated return this season, and the team seems ready for October ball next year. Griffey has given me a second chance to see him back in blue. I kind of feel like I let him down this year; I think that I should publicly apologize for not showing more loyalty during the 2009 season. So here it is: I'm sorry I didn't make it out to see you play this season at Safeco. But I did come to two of your games at Camden Yards! Does that count? I know, I know, it's not the same, but next year I'll be there to help us win the pennant! And I promise I will order the online MLB package so I can watch your games in HD and listen to Dave Sims announce us to victory. We're bringing back the Refuse to Lose years. Yours truly, Will. Click here to read the article published in the Seattle-PI this morning.

No comments:
Post a Comment