13 October 2009

annapolis boat show

Each October, the world’s largest sailboat show is held in Annapolis, MD. From October 8-12 the Annapolis Sailboat Show gave boaters the opportunity to check out the latest and best. The Sailboat Show displayed new racing and cruising sailboats from leading U.S. and foreign builders and the nation's largest multihull display. I'm not a big fan of "window shopping," but I sure didn't mind walking onto various catamarans, trimarans, and 80 foot luxury sailboats--imagining what it would be like to sail away in one of these beauties.



Aerial shot of the Annapolis City Dock and Harbor



Maryland State House



Streets of downtown Annapolis



We are the champions



Grinding away



A quaint little bookstore



US Naval Academy



Does this remind you of the scene from Patriot Games when Jack Ryan, a professor at the US Naval Academy, takes out the guy that tried to kill him as he was walking to his car? Ok, probably not; but I thought of that scene as we were walking down this side street on campus, so we reenacted it.



left: filthy rich boat owner right: me [asking him how he did it]



Commandeering his boat



Boarding another beautiful maritime vessel



On an impromptu US Navy campus tour, we stumbled upon a rousing Navy v. Penn State Lacrosse game.



Navy Sailing Team taking out some 420s



I really wanted to buy this boat



Navy Mascot

No comments:

Post a Comment