05 June 2008

Chief Commander Urry & General Perry reunite



Tuesday night I caught a ride from Sao Jose dos Campos to downtown Sao Paulo for a surprise arrival at a small return missionary reunion. I was the only American there (as expected), and the only one from my era. The two other returned missionaries who showed up had just gotten home, so the only people I knew were President Urry and his wife, the guard outside the office, and the cook who prepared our dinner. President was down there for the dedication of the Curitiba temple, and it just so happened that my return to my mission coincided perfectly. It was nice seeing President and catching up on what we have both been up to since we last talked. His strict obedience and love for the Lord has and will forever serve as an example for me to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment